Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tools4Revit Roof Truss Generator

I've known about Tools4Revit for awhile, but I had a chance to go to there website and learn a little more today. I saw a thread on the AUGI forum that peaked my interest. If you get a chance, take a look at some of the Demo videos that show Truss+ in action.
This program not only generates the truss system, you can then break the trusses into individual members. As we all know, if it exsists in the Revit model, it can be schduled.
What about details of connections?... Well it does that too. From looking at the videos it seems that program produces a drafting view that documents connections as well as the indiviual elements themselves.
I imagine a truss manuafacturer looking at the construction market today and the direction we seem to be going could make good use of this.
Oh, BTW, it works with Revit Structural and Architectural as well. :)

No comments: