Hmmmm, Forgot to actually publish this post.
Think of it like finding a $20 bill in your winter coat pocket after a long hot Summer.
Finally home and recovering from a totally packed week in Las Vegas. While I am still processing all that I saw and experienced, here are a few things that stood out (to me anyway.)
- Attendance seemed to be up from 2009 (the last time I attended.)
- The Cloud is at the forefront of everyone’s minds and presentations. The idea of Infinite Computing has the potential to effect our efficiency in ways that we are only just discovering.
- Efforts to leverage BIM is occurring at the both the front and back end of our processes
- Many techniques of Reality Capture are gaining ground and influencing how our Virtual Reality designs are interacting with the Actual Reality already in place (i.e. Laser Scanning, Photogrammetry, PKNail, etc…)
- Digital-to-Analog is the step that takes our Virtual Designs and places them in Reality quickly and accurately. (i.e. Robotic Total Stations, Get-the-Point, Augmented Reality, etc etc.)
- Colloquialisms are funny. (I.e. “Now, lets get the dogs to eat the dog food.” and “They are too busy chasing pigs to mend the fence.”) :)
See you next November!!!